Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Life as an Education Mercenary - Post 0

I'll once again change the purpose of this blog to chronicle my time as an education mercenary, which at this point includes my duties as a tutor, substitute teacher, and workshop facilitator.

Tomorrow, I work my first job as a substitute teacher at Robbinsdale-Cooper, where I'll be subbing two consecutive days for a physical education teacher. Both days will be held outside, and I have been told by the teacher herself that there will be lesson plans, so I am excited to see how this goes. I met a woman who teaches English at Robbinsdale-Cooper through summer classes, and it sounds like a fine school, though Erin's friend, Lizzy, suggested bringing a bullet proof vest. I am confident my gym shorts will be protection enough.

School starts at 7:20 at the school tomorrow, so I need to be to bed for my 5:30 wake-up.

No comments: